Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Stab-worthy

Every now and then I try to take a good, hard look at myself and the things I could improve about myself. I think about my annoying quirks and I try to improve and do better. I'm sure I'm not aware of everything I do that rubs people the wrong way, but I do my best to be a good person.

However. You can't please everyone, and that's something I've learned to accept. Just by being yourself, some people aren't going to like you. No matter how much you try to be a good person. And really, that's fine. I know I'm not perfect, but I try to be genuine and nice and for that reason, I don't think I'm exactly stab-worthy or anything.



Someone I know is mad at me right now. This person doesn't read this blog, so I'm not being passive aggressive by writing about this. He/she won't see this post. I can tell this person is mad at me - it's very obvious based on the limited interaction we have with each other. I have no idea why they're mad at me. I thought things were totally fine between us. But this person has a history of getting angry at the drop of a hat over every little thing. So, I've just decided that I don't care. When I was younger (in my 20's or younger), it would have really bothered me to know someone was mad at me. But at this point in my life, I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.

This next bit of information is going to make you think I'm some kind of monster, but I promise I'm not! A month or so ago, one of my sisters mentioned to me that it was someone's birthday. She had seen it on Facebook. I thought, "hmm. That's weird. I didn't see that on Facebook! In fact... I haven't seen any posts from that person in awhile...." So I went to look them up and not only had they unfriended me, they had BLOCKED me!

Honestly, my only reaction was to laugh. As far as I know, this person has no obvious reason to be mad at me. Meaning, we haven't seen each other in years, have had minimal Facebook interactions, and no interactions outside of Facebook in a years. Did one of the Onion articles I post offend her? Did I forget to "poke" her back on Facebook? I have no idea. And because I have no idea, I can't bring myself to care.

Don't get me wrong, if it was someone I was close to - in either case- I would care. I would try to make amends and find out what was going on. But I'm at an age now when I can't be bothered to worry about people making up fights in their heads.

Have any of you had things like this happen? What is your attitude towards it?

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm 100% with you! Like you said, if it's someone I'm close to, I'd want to work it out. But if it's someone I barely/never interact with...meh. If I've clearly done something wrong, I'll apologize, etc. but if it's all in their head, well, sometimes there's just no reasoning with a person. So I let them be angry and allow them to work through their misplaced emotions!! I can't solve their problems for them!

The Leo said...

I'm with you. I have no desire to waste my time on someone's hater-ation. Just BYE!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

HAHA! I totally forgot about STAB-WORTHY!

I've never bothered to see who has blocked me on FB, but I do know that a friend of mine from high school has unfriended me TWICE...only because she keeps showing up in the "people you might know" sidebar. And both times, it was HER that sent ME the friend request. If you don't wanna be friends then stop asking already :)

Faerie Eye said...

Facebook brings out the weird in people... I've been blocked a few times and didn't realize it like you, until a mutual friend mentioned something. You have to laugh!