Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Nope-ril Fools

I'm anxious today. April Fools' Day can be unbearable in some ways. Mainly when it comes to social media. Here are two pranks I BEG of you to not lie about on social media tomorrow:

1. Fake pregnancy
2. Fake engagement

Every year on April Fool's Day, I quickly scroll past so many of these on Facebook, rolling my eyes and cringing at the comments, "SO happy for you!!" "You two are so cute together!!" "Wonderful news! - grandma"

I am not a total April Fools' Day Scrooge. I think some pranks are funny. My kind of April Fools' joke is when the victim is laughing and not humiliated or damaged in any way.

Here are some examples of big NO'S!




Here are some I think are funny:


 

Here's one I can't decide if I like or not:


Everyone has a different idea of what's funny and acceptable for April Fool's Day. Personally, I tend to gravitate toward the googly eyed variety of pranking, which won't surprise a single one of you. No one is hurt. Everyone is a little amused. No damage done.

What's the best prank you've ever done? How do you feel about April Fools' Day?

5 comments:

violet50 said...

I'd somehow fall and break something if I was Saran Wrapped, but I like the two before it. I'm a total scrooge when it comes to April Fool's day. I've never liked it and just try to get through it. Remember that.... :(

Melanie said...

You totally ruined my BRILLIANT plan to announce my engagement tomorrow. How rude!

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

Our mother foiled one of my April Fools jokes when I was a teenager - after everyone went to bed, I moved all of the chairs around (recliners at the dinner table, dining chairs in the living room, etc), and thought it'd be funny to see reactions in the morning. Unfortunately Mom woke up in the middle of the night, went downstairs, and in her sleepy state put all of the furniture back. Joke was on me? Sigh. I've never been much of a prankster myself since...

Anonymous said...

So you're saying all those people getting engaged and announcing their pregnancy on April 1 are for Fool's? Darn...