Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

A White Girl Post

White girls take quite a beating about our love of all things pumpkin spice and fall. If you are on any form of social media, you'll see things like this:



I don't really get it. Don't people (both male and female) of other races like fall? Don't white men like fall? Should I be embarrassed to be writing a post about fall? Since I'm a white woman and stuff? Well, I don't care. I'm about to write a post about how much I love fall.  UNABASHEDLY!

I'm going to even go ALL out and make a word bubble about my favorite parts of fall:


I've been oohing and ahhing over the gradual changes in the leaves. Orange, yellow, and red are starting to take over the outer edges of the trees and it nearly makes me gasp to see it. I love the fall colors. But part of me mourns the leaves dying. There are so many trees around here, and I love their canopy.



But for now I'll enjoy their colors. After sending a snapchat to a friend out west of a tree changing colors, he wrote back, "you have a crush on fall." I totally do. It's just so gosh dang cozy.

I've expressed similar feelings probably every year on this blog so I won't write a full length love letter to fall in this post, but I might not be able to refrain in a future post so you've been warned!

Signed,
A white girl (am I allowed to stereotype myself? or is that racist?)

5 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm a white girl who also loves fall! But I have to love it from afar, because in the Phoenix area where I live, the leaves don't change until January! Even then, we don't get the breathtaking colors - mostly just yellow!

violet50 said...

Autumn has always been my favorite season! All of the things you put in your "I love fall" box are things I like except that I've never been to Shipshe.

Jesse Davis said...

I'm white, but I'm a man. Fall is OK, and pumpkin spice is meh. My question is why can't you like it all year round? People are weird. BTW, LIZBETH, I went to this "farm" on Saturday and they had overpriced apples you had to pick by yourself and they would also let you press your own cider for the low low price of $30. You would have loved it. It was dumb.

Faerie Eye said...

I'm not much of a pumpkin fan, but damn if fall isn't the best season of the year! I've got full on white girl love for autumn :) :)

Brooke Romney said...

I love it too! It makes me miss Michigan!