Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Daaang, Blog!

Dang, blog, I've been ignoring you lately! I really don't know why. I have had a lot going on, I suppose. I'll be out of town for the rest of the week, exploring beautiful northern Michigan, so I thought I'd check in and let you know I haven't forgotten about you.

I've been enjoying summer lately, the best I can. Humidity, guys. I'm not feeling it. But still, summer is good. Fireflies are good, and not slip sliding on snow and ice is good.

I had an aunt date with my youngest niece over the weekend. I fed her so much junk food that day, she barfed that evening. I don't think either of us regrets anything.


We went to Greenfield Village where we rode the carousel twice, watched historic baseball, played on the playground, watched a puppet show, and collected rocks.


Here's a little story for you. As we were walking off the carousel the first time, a crowd of kids started gathering to watch an adult woman too afraid to get off the animal she'd been riding. She was slowly and fearfully sliding off sideways and other adults were coaching her along. The kids were fascinated. I tried to hurry my niece along and not gawk, but she had slowed down and gotten mingled in with another family. I turned around to make sure I wasn't going to run into anyone, and when I looked back to take her hand and usher her out, I noticed she was holding the hand of a dad with his kids. I said to him, "um, you have mine." He looked down in shock and said, "mine were just here!"

I laughed about that the rest of the day. I get why he held her hand (he thought she was his daughter), but why she held his is beyond me.

I could seriously gobble her up.

Another fun activity I did recently was a card making craft night with some of my favorite people. Even though it's still summer, we all LOVE Halloween, so we made some Halloween cards. Theirs were adorable and etsy-worthy. Mine were weird and made no sense. JUST LIKE I LIKE IT. Here are three of the six or so cards I made:




If you're asking yourself "why?," that's the point. Why, indeed. It's Halloween. It's supposed to be scary and weird and disconcerting. I left out the most disturbing one because I'm afraid of people judging me. Let's just say, there's one that will really make your eyes pop. I'll save that for a Halloween post, maybe.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd drop in and say hi and tell you some of what I've been up to lately.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with some fun pictures from the U.P.!

1 comment:

Nate Stamper said...

I totally get why the stranger danger dad was holding your neice's hand. Dad's love to hold their daughter's hands. It's like your wife's hand, but cuter.