Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fireworks

Years ago, I saw a video like this on America's Funniest Videos (or as my nephew calls it: AFV - I am so behind the times). I laughed about it for about five years. It's still one of the funniest things in the world to me. Silly, silly dogs.


Fireworks are amazing but they scare me when done by anyone near me. Only about a million things could go wrong.


I do love them from a distance though. Next to fireflies and UFOs, they're one of the most magical things to light up the night sky.

We used to have to cross the border into Ohio to buy illegal fireworks because most were illegal in Michigan. But now they're legal so we are free to blow off our fingers and get third degree burns like our neighbors to the south.

There's no way I can write a post about fireworks (the only reason I wrote this post was to share the gif of the dog with the Roman Candle) without sharing this clip from Joe Dirt, one of the funniest slash STUPIDEST movies I own:



If you can watch that clip without laughing, we're not friends anymore.

No comments: