Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

On Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is less of a celebration of love to me than it is a celebration of the color red. And this, my friends, is the main reason I love it. I love love too, but a burst of warm, bright color in the middle of nonstop white and gray is so refreshing.


Isn't that red cheerful? And because I need that in my life now, and not only in two weeks, I've started some Valentine's crafting already. I made a wreath for myself, and one for my grandma:



This picture is the worst. Sorry about that.
Then last night, I thought I'd make this cute project  I found online (directions and link here) for my nieces and nephews. Aren't they so cute!?


Little Valentine's monsters - spreading love and cheer wherever they go! Not that they can really walk. Or talk. And they don't have arms... But I guess that's not all bad when it comes to monsters. They're just cute.

Do you love Valentine's Day, or hate it? Is there any in-between when it comes to Valentine's Day?

3 comments:

Brady said...

but the love monsters just want to hug you, and how can they do that without arms?

Katherine said...

I'm with you - I love all of the brightness of the red, and can toss all the rest. :)

violet50 said...

I love all of your crafts and the color red. It is very cheerful. Maybe that's why we have the gray so that we can have contrasts. We'll weather this (notice the play on words?) one way or another.