Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts

This week one of my coworkers told me that she got engaged over Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not the kind of woman who asks to see the engagement ring - I've never cared about that. I look just because I know it's what's expected of me but I couldn't care less. It's a ring. Big deal.

But this time I felt compelled to look. It turns out her engagement ring is made partially from a METEORITE. Now that is a pretty cool ring. Plus, you don't have to worry about "blood" being attached to it, unlike blood diamonds or blood gold. I mean, unless the meteorite crashed into someone. I'll let you make the morality call on that one.

Ok, but here's the other thing - I looked into this whole meteorite ring and know what I found? They make wedding rings out of DINOSAUR bone too. Once again, a blood free way to get engaged. (I mean, except dinosaur blood which I'm actually fine with.) Oh, and the pièce de résistance:

A RING MADE OF BOTH:

source
Only the following people would own that ring: Lex Luther, Bruce Wayne, and the man I marry.

In other Wednesday Thoughts, does every day between Black Friday and Christmas have some kind of buying title assigned to it? Just when I thought we were done with the whole thing on "Cyber" Monday, I hear on the radio yesterday that it was "Giving Tuesday" - what!? I mean, I'm all for giving but when will the assigned days stop? What's today? I need a schedule:

Black Friday
Buyers remorse Saturday
Enjoy my new stuff Sunday
Cyber Monday
Giving Tuesday
Broke Wednesday
Make it stop Thursday

Lastly, in Wednesday Thoughts, I have been blowing through my favorite Christmas movies already. So far I've seen Elf, Christmas Vacation, The Grinch (Jim Carrey version), A Charlie Brown Christmas, and a Hallmark movie staring DJ Tanner. I need to pace myself! Pretty soon I'll only be left with the serious ones, like A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version) and It's a Wonderful Life. Thankfully I haven't watched A Christmas Story yet - I still have that to look forward to.

If you have any other Christmas movie recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

violet50 said...

The rings are pretty but I have two concerns: the bone thing sort of creeps me out, and won't the meteorite take away all your special powers? I mean, if you were adopted by some people who found you in a field?
On another note, I love broke Wednesday and make it stop Thursday. I agree - they are going way too far with this.

Liz Hughes said...

I have doubts about the dinosaur bone. I'm concerned it's a serial killer selling the rings and he's actually using human bone from all the victims he's killed. I mean how do they prove it's really dinosaur bone.

Brooke Romney said...

I have one for you! It was on the Hallmark channel last year and had Winnie from the Wonder Years. Maybe my favorite no name film yet.

Anonymous said...

I love watching Jingle All The Way around Christmas time. Die Hard might be good too if you haven't seen it in a long time (or ever). Love your blog!

-tsx09 on twitter

Katherine said...

Uh, those rings are AWESOME!! I'd totally wear one of those!! Oh, and you forgot about "Small Business Saturday," though I think your name is way better. As are the last two!! As for Christmas movies, I'm running out of ideas. More Christmas Psych!!!