Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Paaarty!

Friday was my sister Katherine's birthday. That night my cousin, Dana, and I threw her a party at Dana's house! I made lots of treats, which is one of my favorite things to do.

I made cupcakes with mini cupcakes (reeses peanut butter cups) on top which I call the Inception Cupcake. Layer after layer of cupcake... You could get lost in there and never come out.





For the party, I made a quiz about Katherine for all her guests to take. I forgot to buy a prize for the winner, so Dana suggested I make it a cash prize. The first prize was all the cash I had in the front pocket of my purse which ended up being $2.55. The runner-up got whatever was in my back pocket which was three dimes and an ibuprofen. Technically my shopping list was also in my back pocket, but I needed that, so I kept it.


For the second half of the party, we watched one of my favorite comedies: Nacho Libre. My favorite line in that movie (it's really hard to choose, believe me), is when Nacho, who is a frustrated monk with a secret life as a luchador and is secretly in love with a nun, is trying to tell the kids at the orphanage that they shouldn't wrestle. They ask him if he ever wrestles and he lies and says no. He says,

Me? No. Come on. Don't be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! It's fantastic!

Whenever a married friend jealously comments on my "fun" life, I think to myself, "I get to lay in a bed all by myself, all of my life! It's fantastic!" (Nacho meant it about as much as I do [not at all].) Nacho just gets me.  

But I digress. I hope your weekend was fun, even if you didn't win a cash prize of $2.55!

3 comments:

violet50 said...

I won no prizes but I got to share some fun times with my family celebrating Katherine's birthday. The cake was great, too! In other news, Nacho is the best. So funny I can't pick out my favorite line. I just like to imagine his eyebrows as he emotes.

Katherine said...

That's my FAVORITE Nacho quote!!!! It's SO good!!!! Thanks for the awesome party!!! I had so much fun and it was hilarious/interesting to see who knew me the best!! And that food and the cupcakes were SOOOO GOOD!!! Thank you!!!

rebecca who is not older or wisor said...

I hate all the orphans in the whole world.