Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Camp!

Sometimes when something super fun happens in my life, I end up not blogging about it at all because I don't even know where to begin. That's how I feel about girls camp, which is what I attended for all of last week. Just to get you up to speed if you're new here, girls camp is for the young women in my church, ages 12-17. I was asked to be one of the leaders this year and said yes!

I had no idea what to expect, and was actually pretty nervous. However, I had a full on blast. I loved it! The girls were hilarious and fun, and despite the fact that I got no sleep and was tired and wet (it rained/drizzled a lot), it was one of the best experiences of my life.

I thought I'd share with you something that made me laugh from camp. This 13 year old girl from my ward (church) asked me if she could use my phone one night to text her mom. She was worried because she hadn't been able to find her backpack for a couple days and it had her camera and her makeup bag in it. She wanted to text her mom just to warn her ahead of time. I gave her permission to use my phone not realizing how late it was (we were all still up sitting around the campfire, talking and laughing). She ended up calling her mom after the third text and chatting with her for a few minutes (her mom was disappointed but not mad).

Just by way of explanation, in our church, we are encouraged to call adults "brother" and "sister" out of respect. Without further ado, here is the text. It cracked me up when I saw it later:



More camp stories coming in the next post.....

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

This.is.awesome.

(and also not funny, seeing as we are on WEEK THREE {four?} of having a family of raccoons in our attic that refuse to leave. on the bright side, they haven't taken any of my bags)