Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts

Last night at a youth activity at church, we made chocolate candies with the young women. They'll be selling them at the camp fundraiser this weekend so if you plan on attending that (which you should!), I highly recommend you buy a box! The candies are shockingly delicious! Here's a picture of the inside:


Nomnomnomnomnomnomnom... seriously. So good! Some of them have blueberries on the inside if cherries aren't your thang.*

Anyway, the girls seemed to have a lot of fun dipping the candies. Near the end of the activity though, when the dipping was done, they started having fun with the extra chocolate.


I posted this picture on Facebook and a few people commented or messaged me saying that it reminded them of an old Mormonad. For those of you who aren't Mormons, Mormonads are posters with messages aimed at the youth. Here's the one they were referring to:


In other Wednesday Thoughts, today is the first day of spring! (Insert "why is it going to snow today, then!?" joke here. That is actually happening, by the way.) It gives me hope though that it's official, even it if won't feel like spring for another month or so. Does it feel like spring where you are?

This is what it looks like here:



Happy Wednesday! 

*not a typo

3 comments:

violet50 said...

I am looking forward to the chocolates. And the cakes and pies and cookies...It's crazy how much your picture of the chocolate hands look like the picture in the Mormonad. Now I have to prove that I'm not a robot. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes it doesn't. Funny, I don't feel metallic. Don't blame me. I've got cabin fever and it makes me wonky.

Ashley said...

Fun activity!

-M- said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog from my friend Jessica's blog! The mormonad made me think of the parody mormonad by BYU's Divine Comedy. :) It seems like something you might think was funny. http://byudivinecomedy.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gossip.jpg