Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts

I am counting down the days till spring. We're getting closer! Every morning, the first thing I do when I get out of bed is look out the window to see how much (if any) snow has melted. I want that stuff gone! I have been hearing the geese returning which is always a good sign for the turn of the season. And this Sunday is daylight savings! Woohoo! More sun!

Hoops!
Other signs spring is coming?

* People have been asking me if I can make them hula hoops (yes!)
* I ordered roller skates
* The general population of Michigan is at Ultimate Paleness from lack of sun

In other thoughts, I am SUPER excited for this weekend because I am going to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the one with Gene Wilder) at the fabulous Redford Theater with some good friends. But that's not even the best part - appearing at the showing will be the actors who played Charlie Bucket and Mike Teavee!

They will autograph any item you bring them for $20. I doubt I'd be willing to pay $20 to have them sign something but I've been sort of tossing around some ideas in my mind this week. I've thought about photo-shopping a picture of myself with them to have them sign. I think it would probably creep them out a little bit, but I like that. It's their fault for making such a twisted movie. What would you have them sign?

Ok, lastly, this is for my Michigan friends and readers. An "awesome" new ap for Android users (soon to come to iphone): "Angry Kwames." I think we've seen enough Angry Kwame and to me it's lost its humor, but this is pretty good.


Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Savd said...

Hula hooping! Let's make it happen this weekend! :)

Wee Sisters Three said...

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but when I saw the sun out the other day I shoveled any snow that was by the house and the sun wouldn't reach and threw it out into the sunshine to melt b/c I am sick of seeing it on the ground. Ha! I spend most of the day today outside, except while at church but even then I couldn't concentrate and found my mind wandering like a kid on the last day of school....when can I go outside, when can I go outside....