Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

I almost forgot it was Wednesday today! That's the nice thing about being on vacation. Today I thought I'd share with you a fun and easy tutorial. This year I'm carrying on a tradition I started last year of reading fortunes at midnight on New Year's Eve. The fortune cookies are made of felt, and the fortunes are written by me (and friends).

Last year's fortunes included things like, "You will pet 30 dogs this year" (I got that one and it more than came true), "You will get even better looking this year," and " you will change your hairstyle this year." This year's fortunes will be even better.

To make the fortune cookies, you need:

1. Felt
2. Scissors
3. A cup or other circle shape to trace
4. Glue gun/glue sticks
5. Pipe cleaners


To start, you trace a circle shape of your choosing. Mine are 3.5 inches across.


Next you hot glue a two inch line and glue a two inch piece of pipe cleaner down, half way across the circle.


Let the glue dry, then fold the circle in half, then in half again. Check it out!! You have a fortune cookie!



Then you can write your own fortunes and delight your friends on New Year's Eve! Or terrify them, whichever you choose.

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm excited to see what this Year's fortunes will be!!

violet50 said...

I love these!I tried to make the actual cookie kind and they were a dismal failure. Well, maybe not dismal but definitely malformed. This is better. My fortune is: "Behind every successful man there is"

D said...

Awesome! I will be making some!

Sara said...

Love your craft tutorials! Keep 'em coming!