Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some Christmas Joy

So, I have decided to start posting nearly every day (I gave myself the "nearly" to take the pressure off) until the end of the month. Why? Because December is hard. It's also wonderful. I love Christmas, and the lights, and music, and cookies, and days off of work, and everything. But it's hard because of the loneliness, the occasional financial strain, the loneliness, the cookie weight gain, the childlessness, etc... SO, I thought maybe if I try to really share this month with all of you, I will feel happier and more connected.

I hope you are willing to be a part of this month with me!

Today I wanted to share this adorable video that undoubtedly some of you have already seen. If you're not sure if you're going to like it, just trust me on this. Jimmy Fallon is a wizard - he even made me like "Call me maybe" when he sang it with the Call me maybe girl. So maybe if you didn't like the original, he can make a believer of you with this version.

I found it completely charming. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Bingyu said...

I feel the same way, Elizabeth! I love Christmas and all the hopes and wishes for a coming new year, but I miss my family the most when everybody else goes back to their hometowns and family gatherings..I feel the loneliness the strongest! :( haha, I'll read your special posts for this month!

Cheers~~~ :)

E McL said...

I love it, appearing children, nursery ago music instruments, ZERO inhibitions. It truly captures the joy of the season and brings a smile. May you be filled with even more joy than you share. I'm looking forward to reading your blog every-ish day!

violet50 said...

I LOVE the video! It is so fun. I look forward to your blogposts!

Wee Sisters Three said...

I saw this video last night and thought I was going to pee. Jimmy is so cute in it, when he messes up and starts to laugh and they way he's just randomly tappin' on things. So funny.