Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Best Hurricane Tweets (so far)

(source)
Whew! This hurricane is no joke. Flooding, power outages, and injuries. It's awful!

Here in Michigan we're getting sleet, rain, and insane wind (= power outages), but we're not getting the brunt of it by any means. It could be much, much worse. I'm praying for all of you on the east coast who are the most affected by it!  Stay safe!

Whenever something awful is going on in the world, I turn to my favorite Tweeters to put a funny spin on it. These are some of the hurricane tweets that made me laugh in the last few days:

"I wish CNN would show a montage of old men looking angry after getting their hats blown off. #hurricane" - @MarylandMudflap

"Ok, nobody drink the flood water. I just peed in it." - @johnfreiler

"I hate to have to make this observation, but the irony that I'm retaining this much water in a hurricane is not lost on me." - @AnaGasteyer

"The best way to maintain power is to believe in yourself #Sandy" - @astamate

"QUICK, LOCK TIM TEBOW INTO THE CROWN OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AS A GIFT TO THE ANGRY SEA GODS" -@badbanana

"NYC HURRICANE UPDATE: Teenagers in my lobby made fun of the way I walk. I pretended like I did not hear them." - @MarylandMudflap

"There's a hurricane coming, you know. Better make it an everything bagel." - @UncleDynamite

"Yeah, remember when you guys used to make fun of me? I don't seem so useless now, huh!? - Aquaman" - @Nickadoo

"Hurricane update: Narnia on HBO, no pants on my body." - @FrankLongo

"I've still got power -- if any of you need me to watch some TV for you, just let me know." - @toyns

"If this were Hurricane 'Sandi' people would take it less seriously." - @ChrisRRegan

Hope some of those made you laugh!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Ha! Those Tweets are hilarious! And the meme with Sandy's photos - so good!!! Thanks for sharing!

David and Linda said...

Funny! Thanks for sharing these!

Liz Hughes said...

This hurricane was very serious. The Jersey Shore was practically destroyed. Snooki was very upset.