Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

I'm going to make this an old fashioned Wednesday Thoughts and just tell you some random, unconnected thoughts I have today. I hope you're ok with that. (If not, let me know and I'll rewrite this post for you.)

My first thought today is about ice cream.  I have recently become minorly addicted to Edy's S'mores 1/2 fat ice cream. The other night, I had a few people over for ice cream and since I was in the comfort of my own home, I ate ice cream the way I like it best: with a little bit of milk on it. I got a little teased for this way of eating it. Not that I blame my friends for teasing me. I mean, I'm a grown adult (kind of) - I should eat ice cream like an adult! Boring style. But that ain't me. I like things a certain way. In case you too want to live life to the fullest, here's the best way to eat ice cream: just add a little milk, stir it up, and love life about 70% more.




My second thought today is that it's fall! Kind of! No one knows when the official start of fall (autumn) is. It's sometime this week, but the exact day is a government secret. The signs are here though:



I love fall. Another thing making me happy this week is that Nick at Nite is now airing Full House! I still can't decide if I'm laughing at Full House or with Full House. I think it's about 75/25. Maybe 80/20. There's no way of knowing. Either way, I enjoy the show in small doses. I took an amazing screen shot of Danny Tanner sleeping, and I keep sending it to my sister, Katherine, with messages like,

"Never forget"
"A reminder"
or "Danny says goodnight."

She loves it.*


I even instagrammed it:



I crack up every time I see it. So dumb slash hilarious.

Ok, here's my last thought of the day. At work we have a "free table" where people leave stuff they couldn't sell at their garage sales. This week there's been a mystery object on the table. We can't figure out what it is!! So I thought I'd bring it to you. Any guesses? (there is a tiny metal ball in the little baggy attached to the thing by a magnet) It's manufactured by Levenger, if that helps at all.




First person to figure it out gets a prize! (UPDATE: mystery solved, see comments for details!)

Happy Wednesday!

*She's begging me to stop.

18 comments:

Katherine said...

Seriously. Danny Tanner sleeping haunts my own sleeping hours thanks to you. Yeesh.

Ok, so I have some questions about this mystery object. I'm assuming it's made of metal, since something is stuck to it with a magnet. Is the metal ball the magnet, or is something else holding the metal ball in the baggy? Does there appear to be a place where the metal ball goes? That silver part on the front - is there something behind the torn part? Is this a seventies tissue holder? Is it supposed to be torn? How big is it (the whole object)?

Katherine said...

Is it heavy? Could it be a paperweight? Or one half of a set of bookends?

Katherine said...

Oooh - is it used to prop up a book? Or maybe you can attach a paper you're looking at with the magnet, and it holds it up while you read or transcribe it?

Elizabeth Downie said...

The object itself seems to be made of wood. The little ball only sticks the metal part in the center with the peeling off bit. If it's a paper weight, why the metal ball? Why the magnet part?

Elizabeth Downie said...

Katherine!! I think you are right!!!! winner!

Katherine said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Ben said...

I agree with Kat, I think it's used to hold up a piece of paper so you can type while looking at it ... Typing with a typewriter that is.

Ben said...

Dang it, didn't publish my comment in time. Katherine wins a printed portrait of Danny Tanner sleeping!

Katherine said...

Sorry I didn't even give anyone else a chance...I just got so excited! Also, it's hard to contain this much awesome.

Katherine said...

NooOOOoooOOOOooooo!!!!!! If that's the prize I think I'll let Ben win.....

Elizabeth Downie said...

GREAT idea, Ben!!!

Katherine said...

If I find that portrait hung above my bed there'll be heck to pay...

violet50 said...

You guys are too funny! My only comment is re: the ice cream. I'll bet if you put the ice cream and milk in a blender something magical would happen. You could call it, I don't know...a milkshake?

)en said...

I <3 that pic. Busting a gut.

(don't you love comments from strangers? :) )

nes said...

you put one side on the outside of your face and the ball on the inside of your mouth and you pop pimples? maybe? or a book mark is my second guess.

Wee Sisters Three said...

Am I the only one that thought it looked like a baggie of weed stuck in there? It must just be my really bad eye sight. (I did a color test and failed with flying colors)(Pun intended, on accident)

I don't know what Katherine's problem is with Danny Tanner. I always felt like she might have something against him, just sayin'.

p to the s. For some reason (even though it was jesse singing and not danny) I have "the boys are back in town" stuck in my head now. Thanks for nothing. First Weird Al's "eat it" and now this....... ;)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Putting ice cream and milk in the blender is NOT THE SAME as mixing it with a little milk. From someone who knows.

"Ranger Joe" = fave Full House episode ever

(or any one that had DJ's boyfriend Aladdin - ha!)

Liz Hughes said...

I am going to suggest something that will revolutionize the way you see ice cream and calories; So Delicious coconut ice cream. It's dairy free and like half the calories (possibly more) of normal ice cream. Like its name it is so delicious. Think about it.
Why do you add milk? It's like your adding more dairy to a dairy full food. It defies logic.
Full House is old enough to be on Nick at Nite?! Wow.