Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Eastwooding


In case you missed it, Clint Eastwood spoke at the Republican National Convention last night, and in so doing, started a new meme called "Eastwooding." As part of his speech, he spoke to an empty chair as  if President Obama was sitting there. He asked it questions, then responded as if the chair was answering back. It was at times, funny, and at times, weird. But the good news is, it started a new meme. And if there's one thing I like, it's a good meme. I've been giggling all day as my Twitter feed has been full of funny pictures stemming from this human to chair RNC conversation.

Here are some of my favorites so far:




source

source
Double meme. I like it. source

source
source   
source 
source

Am I easily amused? Yes, no doubt about it. But it's nice to find something funny in politics these days since for the most part it's been killing my soul. The difference between Facebook and Twitter (at least, in my experience) is that Facebook political posts make me want to unfriend the known universe, whereas twitter provides me with pictures of a bird Eastwooding the crap out of a chair, and just like that, my soul is restored.

4 comments:

mjwells said...

Wow Clint Eastwood must have real issues with President Obama, because that is Gestalt Empty Chair technique. So weird to do that! I love reading all your posts but especially you political posts!

Katherine said...

"twitter provides me with pictures of a bird Eastwooding the crap out of a chair" - HA!!!! These are some seriously hilarious pictures! Thanks, Mr. Eastwood, for not only being a part of Back to the Future III, but now for Eastwooding, too!

Savd said...

More here, too!!
http://www.eonline.com/news/342538/eastwooding-five-best-examples-of-the-empty-chair-meme-based-on-clint-s-rnc-speech

gnocchi said...

Hey, that's my parrot! He DID Eastwood the crap out of that chair, giving it many politically astute zingers like "Hi!" and "nite-nite"! And he still made more sense than poor Clint.