Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Tagged!

My sister and I dying Easter eggs yesterday

My friend Brady tagged me in one of those "getting to know you" posts and I thought, "I have lots of work to procrastinate, why not!?" (No, I really did think that.) So without further ado....
THE RULES:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people
The Random Things
  1. I'm really curious about the Amish.
  2. I looove baking.
  3. I've been highlighting my hair for so long, I'm not totally sure what color it is. I think it's just some boring shade of dark blond - the worst hair color known to man. (Um... no offense if that's your hair color. It looks really good on you.)
  4. I love cheesy 80's and 90's movies. Favorites include: Troop Beverly Hills, Sister Act, Forrest Gump, and For Richer or Poorer.
  5. I think about food and eating well all day. (Then hate myself when I eat a piece of pizza. Then forgive myself and move on.)
  6. My happy place is anywhere in Northern Michigan, especially on Lake Michigan.
  7. I hate optical illusions. 
  8. I remember at least one dream per night. And they're weird.
  9. I think that "Dad with the fat wallet" Subway commercial is really funny. I know I shouldn't - I mean, it's really cheesy. Makes me laugh every time though. 
  10.  I'm a huge fan of road trips.
  11.  I love babies. 
New Questions:
1. Do you enforce a bedtime for yourself? What tricks do you use?
No. I have no self discipline when it comes to bedtime. Nighttime Elizabeth doesn't care about morning Elizabeth. I love sleeping but hate bedtime. It's so boring.

2. Which do you prefer and why: Hummus or Baba ganoush?
Hummus for sure. Pretty sure I'm allergic to eggplant, so I try to avoid baba ganoush.

3. If money were no object, where would you travel in the world?
After typing a long list of places I'd visit, I decided it would be better to just say: where wouldn't I visit? I'd like to see a bunch of National Parks across the country though.

4. What was the last book you finished?
A book of fairy tales my friend Elise wrote. They were so good!

5. What is the seed for your favorite Pandora station?
Halloween party radio

6. Why is Ford superior to Chevy?
Sorry Brady, but having been raised by a dad who's worked at GM his whole life, I'm going to have to say Chevy is superior. 

7. What is one of your pet peeves?
When people have to one-up everything you say. You have a headache? They have a migraine. Your car is making a sound? Their car exploded. You twisted your ankle? They don't even have an ankle. 

Oh, and you're vs. your. People, I beg of you: learn the difference!

8. What’s the nerdiest thing about you?
It's hard to choose just one thing... my love of history probably. Oh, and my place of work.

9. Doctor Who or Sherlock? Discuss.
Have never seen either. Maybe I'm not that big of a nerd?

10. Why did you choose to respond to this tag?
Seemed like an easy way to write a blog post. :)

11. When people ask you to name a favorite anything, is it easy or hard for you? Why?
Not really hard. It kind of annoys me when I ask someone their favorite ice cream or whatever and they go into panic mode. These questions aren't binding, people! Just chose your top three if it makes you feel any better! (Oh, this is one of my pet peeves too, I guess.)

New Questions:
  1. What's your favorite drink?
  2. What animal are you most afraid of?
  3. What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
  4. Do you like your name? If not, what do you wish your name was?
  5. What are your top three favorite movies?
  6. What are some characteristics you look for in a friend?
  7. Do you consider yourself creative? In what ways?
  8. What's your favorite season, and why?
  9. Do you believe in ghosts?
  10. What is your ideal weekend? (Relaxing at home, time outdoors, getting work done?)
  11. Are you a dog person or cat person? (Or "other")

People I tag:


If you don't wish to do the tag, it's totally fine. You'll just have nine days of bad luck (I don't make the rules). If I didn't tag you, I'd still love to hear your answers! Let me know if you post it on your blog! Or answer in the comment section.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Can I be nerdy and answer even though you didn't tag me? It'll help me blog I think :).

Elizabeth Downie said...

Of course, Heidi! I would've tagged you because I'd LOVE to hear your answers! But I know you're very busy and didn't want you to feel obligated! :)

NOURNME said...

the subway commercial is really dumb but i forgive you. I loved Troop Beverly Hills as a kid..."patches, we don't need no stinkin patches." so good

Brady said...

Great Post Elizabeth!

E McL said...

http://centsforyourhumor.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag-im-it.html

I loved your post!!! Do it again. I love learning more about you! Only concern why wasn't grandma in there somewhere :D

Sara said...

1. What's your favorite drink? It's a tie between lemonade, mojitos and margaritas. Basically, anything a little sweet with citrus.
2. What animal are you most afraid of? Cougars. The real ones. They are silent killers, leaping on you from behind and sinking their teeth into your skull.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
Hike and then hot tub. Or bike around a city.
4. Do you like your name? If not, what do you wish your name was? Yep. It's confusing because there are always 3 other Sara(h)s around but I'd still keep it.
5. What are your top three favorite movies? Away We Go, Forget Paris, and So I Married An Axe Murderer.
6. What are some characteristics you look for in a friend? Funny, nice and interesting.
7. Do you consider yourself creative? In what ways? Yes, but I have to really make time for creativity these days, which doesn't happen as much as I need it to.
8. What's your favorite season, and why? Right as the leaves and flowers are blooming in spring and right when the leaves turn orange in fall.
9. Do you believe in ghosts? No.
10. What is your ideal weekend? (Relaxing at home, time outdoors, getting work done?) Time outdoors for sure.
11. Are you a dog person or cat person? (Or "other")
Dog person. Cats make my eyes water and my throat itch, so it's not really their fault I don't like them.

violet50 said...

1. Chocolate soda
2. Cobra
3. Being at the beach
4. When I was young I didn't like my name [Linda] and wanted to be called by my middle name [Ann.
5. The new Star Trek; The Last Starfighter; The Love Letter
6. Kindness, good listening ability, empathy.
7. I like to write
8. Fall - I love the colors and it's refreshing after August heat.
9. No
10. Relaxing at home and maybe going to a movie.
11. Dog

The Nat Nat said...

Comment on new question #1. I too hate bedtime. It is because I hate transitions. I like to keep doing whatever I am doing. If I am asleep I want to stay asleep. If I am awake, I do not want to go to sleep.

It is all about transitions. Sigh.

Melanie said...

Sort of done... http://thisismelanie.blogspot.com/2012/04/study-break.html