Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Thoughts

This winter has been incredibly mild. Practically warm, really. So why am I still miserable? I think it can be explained pretty easily by this picture I took yesterday.



It's gray outside. All the time. In fact, when the sun does come out, it's a topic of conversation.

"Today wasn't too bad! The sun came out for a bit!"
"Did you guys see that strange orb in the sky earlier? Anyone know what that was?"
"Ahhh! She burns!" (cowering)

Anyway, enough whining. Here's something funny. The last TWO days I've seen this car parked like this in two different locations. Why!? No, really, why!?


I don't know why that guy parks like that day after day, but it definitely amuses me. And why do I assume it's a guy? That's sexist.

I got a mini-crockpot this week and I'm super excited about it for one reason only: lil smokies. I told my mom about buying the mini-crockpot and how excited I was about making lil smokies. She said she was craving them with all my talking about it. I said, "I'll make some soon. I have all the ingredients. Except the lil smokies." My sister says I just bought the crockpot because I like saying lil smokies. She's not wrong.

Have any of you been doing the "Fab Ab February" workout? How's it been going? A couple of people have asked me what a plank is, and as far as I know, a plank looks like this:


Ok, that was a really lame joke. It actually looks like this:


The first few days of the workout I was hurting all day, but it's gotten a lot less painful. Have you guys noticed your abs getting more and more fab?

Happy Wednesday.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time I return to Michigan, that is exactly how I feel. I am thoroughly convinced the sun makes me happy; even if I do have to sweat a few months out of the year. But that is why AC was invented lol.

Dr. J said...

For crunches, imagine a grapefruit between your chin and chest and lift your upper body instead of rolling your upper body. For plank, keep your back straight and suck in your stomach to engage the abs.

Katherine said...

HA! Wooden plank. Good stuff. My abs are feeling more fab, but there's definitely still work to do. And I don't know what you're talking about - it's sunny and fabulous here in Michigan today! Also, I can't say how happy I am to have a certain prancing someone back in your blog (and my life). As for the bad parker, it's totally a guy... ;)

Katherine said...

P.S. lil smokies.

Wee Sisters Three said...

True story: The sun came out for a few minutes today and Samantha laid on the floor where the sun was coming in the window. I asked what she was doing and she said "I don't like the cold, I like the hot." And she laid there the whole 8 minutes the sun was out. Adorable.

My abs feel no different unfortunatly. That's a true story too. A sad one.

The driver of that vehicle was obviously Prancing Leo. He looks the culprit.

violet50 said...

I agree with Heather. Leo's been known to park that way. And stop saying lil smokies unless you intend to make some!! I'm hungry for them and it's only 10:00 a.m.