Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Oscar Picks Because I Know You Want to Know

Roll out the red carpet because tomorrow is the OSCARS! Yeah, I don't care that much either. But unlike most years, this year I've actually seen most of the nominations for best picture except The Descendants, The Tree of Life, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
I added a skirt since
modest is hottest.


The other movies nominated (which I have seen) are: War Horse, The Artist, The Help, Hugo, Midnight in Paris, and Moneyball.

Anyway, since soooooooooooooooooo many people have been asking*, I won't keep you waiting anymore! Here are Elizabeth's Oscar Picks!

By the way, I'm only stating my opinion in the categories I care about.

Best Picture: The Artist - this movie was just amazing. Unique, daring, charming, moving, and beautiful. If you haven't seen it yet, please do. It was magical. I loved loved loved it.

Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, from The Help. She was awesome in this roll, and I really hope she wins it.

Best Actress: Viola Davis, The Help. I haven't seen any of the other movies the other best actresses were nominated for, but they probably weren't as good as Viola Davis was in The Help. I hope Meryl Streep doesn't punch me in the neck for saying that (she would - I'm pretty sure).

Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, The Artist. Because this is a silent film, he had to do so much acting with his expressions, and it was a beautiful thing to see. Partly because of his skill, and partly because he is beautiful. (Move over Magnum, I might finally have a new celebrity crush!)

hummina hummina hummina

Best Horse: War Horse. This was a close one, but it's gotta be war horse cause he just played the part so well. Most of his acting was done with his eyes. I just knew what he was feeling.

Best French accent: I know you thought I was going to say Jean Dujardin, or maybe any of the actors in Hugo, but no, it's gotta be Owen Wilson in Midnight in Paris. He only said a few words in French in that movie, but I'm almost positive he nailed the French accent. Nailed it.

Best Hugo: Probably Hugo, from the movie "Hugo" but if there's a Hugo in another movie I'd have to check him out too.

So yes, (insert Oscar-style music here) those are Elizabeth's Oscar Picks. What are some of yours?

*no one has asked.

5 comments:

Marti said...

You are so right on with Best Horse.
The eyes are so telling!

Katherine said...

Hee heee! Those last three categories caught me so off-guard!!! Hilarious! I agree with your picks, though. I loved The Artist, too, as well as The Help and Hugo - SO good! And Jean Dujardin is SOOO swoon-worthy. (I can't believe I just wrote "swoon-worthy.") He's dreamy!!!! I'm staring at his picture as I type this, so forgive any typos. Oooh! No typos! He makes me to type the words with skill.

Heather said...

I would really like to have seen a Best Horse award. I was disappointed that Davis didn't win even though I hadn't seen the other movies. I guess that is unfair of me isn't it?

E McL said...

Hahaha! I love absurd posts with no meat; all fluff and humor. I've seen... none of them. And now I want to! You must be doing something very right!

Liz Hughes said...

Mmm that artist guy I really good looking.
I have to disagree, Meryl Streep is classy and as such would not punch anybody. I feel it necessary as a Streepite (one of Meryl's followers) to tell you that every film she has ever done deserves an award. They are all amazing, especially She Devil (sarcasm) they just need to create a seperate category that only Meryl will win each year.