Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Thoughts

Heads up: this is an old fashioned Wednesday Thoughts. Ready for a lot of disconnected thoughts? Let's go.

A few days ago I woke up to a ginormous pimple on my cheek. At first I was sort of mesmerized by it. I have dry skin and I almost never get pimples, so I honestly didn't mind it at first. It entertained and amused me. It was something new and different. But now, several days later, it's still here and I'm tired of it. What am I supposed to do with this thing? Pop it? (Gross.) Ignore it? Oxycute it?

Should I switch to the "new look" of gmail? Have you switched yet? Is it going to be terrifying to make the switch? Will I recover? Can I go back? Change is hard.

Daylight savings was nice on Sunday, when I got that extra hour of sleep, but now that the sun is setting pretty much when I get out of work, I'm not so sure how I feel. In a way, I don't hate it. Yet. I mean, it's a novelty. (Like my pimple, I'll probably be tired of it in a few more days.) Yesterday I was running an errand after work and noticed how dark it was. I got discouraged thinking about how late it must be getting, and how there was still a lot I needed to get done. Then I looked at the clock and it was 5:20. Weird.

I wrote a status update on Facebook on Monday asking people if there's still time for me to get married on 11-11-11. Only a few people had faith that there's still time. Some people suggested waiting till 12-12-12, but I mean, I don't know. If the Mayans were right, and the world ends on the 21st of that month, that doesn't give me a lot of time for wedded bliss. But if I must, I must. If I can't get married on a cool date, I'm not getting married. It's as simple as that.

Happy Wednesday.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I agree with all that.
And I STILL have a brother I would be willing to send you. You don't HAVE to marry him.........just see if ya like him!
:)

Mark said...

Elizabeth, if you're concerned that an unnaturally-sized pimple might spoil your marriage plans, I'm willing to retract my proposal until 12-12-12.

Remember, right guy, right place, right time, right wedding photos.

violet50 said...

I'm glad you're so easily entertained. Could I interest you in some VHS tapes from the 80's?Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead comes to mind

Otilia said...

i changed to the new look for gmail but i think it said that even if you don't switch, gmail will automatically switch it to the new look for you.

Liz Hughes said...

My dream is to be married on 14-14-14