Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

What not to do when you're already in a bad mood

  • Look up pictures of exes who are happily married
  • Think a lot about the next presidential election
  • Weigh yourself
  • Think about how old you'll be on your next birthday
  • Make a doctors appointment
  • Watch hurricane footage
  • Take your car into the shop
  • Stick to your diet
  • Take computer to get fixed, find out it is probably not fixable and needs to be replaced
  • Rethink blogging every day because of days like today
  • Debate about faking cheerful
  • Decide not to
The good news, however, is that I got my pictures back from my Hawaiian vacation with the Brady Bunch and if it's possible to do so (computer issues), I will post them later this week. I think you'll like them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent list of things not to do while in a bad mood! I may even print it out to have on hand whenever I am in a bad mood. :)

Sarah said...

What about a list of things to do to remedy the bad mood? Things such as: smile at a chirping bird; watch your fave episode of your fave show on Hulu; love the current weather in Michigan; and make plans to be outdoors because it's still summer! :)

Elizabeth Downie said...

Sarah, I like it! Thanks! I think I just need a good nights sleep! :)

Unknown said...

This is a very good list. I wish I would have had it yesterday. I did a lot of those things, and it definitely made things worse. One thing I did do that helped was I went through my Halloween, Christmas, and Easter decorations and sorted them. The movers just had them all lumped together, and I found all my fall stuff too, so after next weekend, I can put that out and it will make me happy for sure! Unfortunately, it made me super tired for today.

Katherine said...

Ooooh, I'm very excited about the Brady Hawaii photos! As long as none of them feature a certain terrifying tarantula. I also hope that one of them is captioned, "You know she's groovy, and I know she's groovy, but she doesn't know she's groovy."