Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowtorious B.I.G.

Hey guys. Remember "sick girl?" The girl who kept posting nonstop, whining about how sick she was? Well don't worry, I got rid of her. Unfortunately, I replaced her with snowday girl, who is almost as annoying as sick girl.

For the last five days or so, all I've been hearing about is the blizzard that's been heading this way. Today at work I was talking about it with my friend Justin and we agreed that the blizzard needed a name. We weren't satisfied with Snowmageddon, and Snowpocalypse was already taken. So after a bit of googling for a better idea, we agreed on Snowtorious B.I.G.

The storm is so snowtorious that school (and by extension, my job) has already been canceled for tomorrow and the storm has just barely begun. Besides the fact that I get the day off work, I'm kind of excited for all this snow. It's rare that we get over a foot of snow at once in this part of Michigan. 

After work I decided to stop by the store and stock on up some essentials, including, but not limited to, butterscotch pudding and mini marshmallows (I bought some healthy things too, so stop judging me). The man in front of me in the check out line had three gallons of milk, and that's all. A friend of mine saw a guy at her grocery store with an entire shopping cart full of beer. If you knew you were going to be snowed in for a couple days, what would you stock up on?

I leave you now with a snowtorious rapper, The Blizzard Man.



(This video might be considered PG by some of you, so consider yourself warned.)

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh, Blizzy-Blizz! I like how you snuck "snowtorious" in so casually a couple of times. Nice! I may have mentioned in a previous comment how much I'm not looking forward to this blizzard in the slightest, so I'll move on. Knowing that I might be snowed in, I've stocked up on schoolwork. Sad! I did all of my grocery shopping a few days ago just in case, so I'm ready! Oh, I did stock up on movies from the library! So now that I'm safely back in my apartment, bring it on, Snowtorious B.I.G.!!

Ashley said...

Crazy snow! Enjoy your time off!

Heidi said...

First let me say that I love the things you stocked up on. I went Monday night to the store and first was surprised that there were no fresh vegetables left. I thought this was perhaps an over-reaction but....what do I know. I myself stocked up on cheetos (I've been craving them lately...) and fruit snacks. I also bought healthy stuff though...hahah. People kind of went crazy though I think....

Emily said...

Snowtorious! Sorry I missed it.

Liz Hughes said...

Mmmm. Now I'm craving a DQ Blizzard.