Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

2010

2010 has been a good year so far, in so many ways. I have a bad habit of focusing on things I want to change or things I wish were a little different, but looking back, I've had a good year and done lots of fun things. I'm not trying to rush 2010 though - we still have three months ahead of us. And they're three of my favorites, at that.

But I thought on this Monday morning, I'd focus on the positive and think back on some of my favorite things from 2010 so far:

  • Went to Ludington four times over the summer and introduced friends to it. Loved watching them fall in love with it too.
  • Went to Arches National Park with Emily and had the time of my life.
  • Visited friends in Utah and loved every minute of it.
  • Went to an olde-timey baseball game at Greenfield Village. It was amazing and even better than I expected.
  • Went to a Tigers game with co-workers and loved it. And the Tigers won.
  • Went to Sleeping Bear Dunes and had quite an adventure.
  • Spent quality time with my nieces and nephews who I love so much.
  • Saw an Alfred Hitchcock movie in an old, beautiful theater in Detroit.
  • Introduced a good friend to Lost and watched him get totally sucked into it.
  • Went to a demolition derby and embraced the "country girl" in me.
  • Went to the Chihuly exhibit at the Frederik Meijer gardens (and had a koi adventure there).
  • Took Katherine's birthday off and went to the Gerald R. Ford museum with her. Nerdy fun.
  • Finally got a new phone!
  • Made it into the blogger brawl - remember that? 
  • Discovered some new music that I love.
  • My niece learned how to say my name. Sort of. A-beth is close enough for now.
Things I am looking forward to in the next three months:
What are some of your 2010 highlights!? What are you still looking forward to? What stands out to you most about this year so far?

5 comments:

Wee Sisters Three said...

I am looking forward to trick or treating with the kids in the cotumes I've made them and going to the dexter cider mill.
Its been a good year of getting things done and camping.

Katherine said...

Well, being sisters and all and doing a lot together, some of mine are the same: Ludington, Gerald R. Ford Museum, Sleeping Bear Dunes, demolition derby, "Lost," Chihuly Exhibit, nieces and nephews - love 'em! - good times! I also got a new phone, finished my first year of grad school, did lots of painting, went to Hell a number of times, and did lots of other fun local stuff (I traveled outside of Michigan a lot more last year). Yay 2010!

Melanie said...

2010 has been a big year for me as well. I finished my first year of law school, went back to Spain, went to New York City. In the next few months, I'm looking forward to being half way done with law school and finding a job for next summer.

E McL said...

Still have yet to go to Mackinac... but I'm sure there's a requirement to be able to spell it w/o help first. Perhaps I'll never pass the spelling test, but looking forward to future adventures there.

Ashley said...

Great post! Way to reflect part way through the year. 2010 has flown by! The highlight of the year for me, so far, is my SLC trip in June. But I'm confident that the completion of my grad program in December will trump that trip.