Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Observations on coming home...

...from vacation:

*I can smell what the inside of my car smells like again. From time to time people get in my car and say that my air freshener smells good. I wouldn't know because I've become accustomed to the smell of my car. But after being away from it for a week I could smell it for the first time since I bought it last December. Well, that's not completely true. A couple months ago my car smelled rank because I left a container with watermelon juice in the back of the car for a few days. That smell made itself known. But under normal circumstances, I can't smell my car.

*While I was on vacation, eggs became poisonous. This breaks my heart because eggs are one of my top three favorite foods. Here's a tweet from Conan O'Brien that sums up my feelings:

"The FDA egg recall has hit a total of 380 million eggs. I can't wait till they find the tired, evil hen that did this."

Maybe it's time I start raising chickens of my own so I can eat eggs again. I just hope I don't accidentally buy a rooster, like Kramer did (and some other people I know who will remain nameless).

Ok, I've spent far too much space talking about chickens and eggs for one post, so moving on....

*I wish I could tell you about my blind dates, because who doesn't love a good blind date story? But it's too risky. Yes, this is the end of the reflections on blind dates.

*Michigan is humid. My hair was flat in Utah and it's an afro in Michigan. Which is better? That's how I'll determine where I live the rest of my life. ;)

Ok, those are all the reflections I have for now... I'm home and trying to wrap my head around going back to work. But after spending time with friends and family today, I'm remembering that being home from vacation isn't too bad.

5 comments:

Amy Asbury said...

After a vacation the thing you long for the most is your own bed.

Katherine said...

I wore my hair curly yesterday and today and the humidity made it awesome!! So sometimes it's good! We're glad you're back, even if you're only so-so. And I think an entire post dedicated to the rise and fall of the egg is in order.

Amy said...

The lack of humidity is one of the things I am liking most about being back west :). It was fun to see you on your vacation! Now I have to plan a vacation to Michigan...

Christi said...

Summer hair in Utah is WAY better, but Winter hair in Michigan is better because it's not so dry. Maybe you should just switch it up between the seasons?

Elizabeth Downie said...

I love it. I'm not too young to be a snowbird, am I?