Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

One Track Mind

My grandma gave me the best birthday card tonight.


In case you can't read it, she wrote, "How about this one? On his way!" with a picture of a smiling man under it. I asked her who the man was and she said, "he was in the newspaper today." But she wasn't sure who he was. She was giggling when I read it and said said she knew it would make me laugh.

Later in the evening, she encouraged me to wear my hair curly then after presents she suggested we play a game of "guess what Elizabeth's husband's name will be." Then she told me to let her know what his name is when I meet him, even if she's "on the other side."

She wants me to be happy and I love her for it. But she also cracks me up with her one track mind.

Best birthday party ever.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

HA! I love that Grandma! She just wants the best for us. :)

emily said...

That's too funny. Your grandma cracks me up every time.

Happy Birthday 2010!!!

Wee Sisters Three said...

oh grandma. to funny

Sara said...

Happy birthday!

Matt's grandma used to obsess over him finding a job post-college, and would clip job postings for him and send them in cards! ha!

Michelle Williams said...

What a hoot. HAAAAAP-py Birthday!

Liz Hughes said...

I'm going to create one of those Internet quizzes that will generate what your husbands name is going to be.