Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday Thoughts

You know what's really bumming me out lately? People saying they're sad summer is "over." It's not over! I've been hearing people say this for weeks now, like July 31st officially marks the end of summer. I guess if you're in school, I can understand that you might be getting into that mind set, shifting gears or what-have-you. But let me say it again, no matter how long the school supplies have been on sale at Target, summer isn't over.

I still have a ton to do before fall starts! I haven't watched the summer classic, "The Great Outdoors" yet, I haven't caught any fireflies (nor will I...yick), I haven't had a sunburn that peeled, and I haven't made myself sick from eating too many cherry tomatoes fresh from the garden!

Wow...maybe it's time for some new summer traditions. Either way, my point is the same: summer isn't over yet.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Guilty as charged. I've been saying I can't believe summer is almost over. And it definitely has a lot to do with going back to school. Otherwise, I'd feel like summer stretched into late September. I love your new background btw!

Anonymous said...

It won't be over here in Vegas until October!

Sarah said...

I'm totally with you on this one!! :) Summer lasts until Sept 21st, so we have almost four more weeks people!! :)