Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm baaaaa-aaack!

Should I blog about my trip to Utah? I'm not good at that kind of writing - I've tried and I'm never make my trips or experiences sound as interesting as they actually were. But I had such a great time that I think I'm going to write a little bit about it. The trip was wonderful and I got to see such good friends! Here are a few of the highlights:


This is a picture of me with Diane and her new baby, Shayla. I have only seen Diane once or twice since we were missionaries together all those years ago. But we were able to pick up where we left off right away and it felt like no time had passed! It was so great to see her.



After visiting with Diane and her family, I met up with Priscilla and hers! Priscilla is another friend I haven't seen in about ten years, and just as with Diane, it felt like no time had passed. Well, except for the fact that in that time she's had four kids! Her family was so nice and cute - and don't even get me started on Zipper, their dog (tooo cute!). I'm so glad they drove down to meet up with me! I had a great time with them.


Emily! I was so excited to see Emily. I have missed her so much since she abandoned us last fall! We had a great time together. Adventures include: finding a "wild side" Snuggie, four wheeling in the mountains and along the lake (wow), getting pulled over for riding in the back of a truck, and absolutely cracking up at the most ridiculous greeting cards you'd ever see. I miss her already!


Christi got married!!! I am so happy for her. I've never seen her this happy, and she and Lorin are obviously in love. I'm glad I got to see her and be a part of this special occassion. Lorin got on my good side right away by taking me to Cafe Rio. Wow. It lived up to the hype!!


Another special visit on this trip was with Malissa! After not having seen her for a year, it was wonderful to see her again. It made me miss her more though! She's doing really well, for those of you who know her.


This is the view from Kelly's window. I thought Springville was gorgeous - it was one of my favorite places.


I can't leave out the dogs I met this week. The dog on top is Zipper, Priscilla's dog, and the dog on the bottom is Lily, Kelly's dog. Lily has a much longer tongue than you would expect. I learned that the hard way.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

If I were you, I would seriously have stolen Zipper! Too cute! I kinda want to be be-fri's with Lily, too - she looks like a hoot! Oh, and the rest of the trip looks fun, too! I miss Emily!! Come baaaack!!!!

Dallan said...

Glad you had a good time. I was in Springville all of last week, too. That's where my parents are from. Would have been fun to meet up and introduce you to some real Mexican food, not that girly Cafe Rio stuff!

Unknown said...

GOod to know all my peeps are doin so well!

Priscilla said...

Heehee...tell Katherine, Zipper may be small, but he would NOT have been inconspicuous, no matter how you might have tried to sneak him away in a carry on or something, way too hyper! Glad you had a fun trip and that you made it home safely. It really was like no time had passed; I love that!