Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Swine! Swine! Swine!

I don't know about you, but I have never seen, heard, or said the word "swine" as much in my whole life as I have this past week. In order to find out if I have it or not, I visited this very informative website my friend Sarah sent me: DoIhaveswineflu.org. I finally have answers now, and have planned accordingly. I must say, it's a relief just to know.

I am kind of getting sick of saying the word swine though (that's a lie). So I'm going to start calling the swine flu by it's proper name: the H1N1 Flu. I read that the government is forming an H1N1 "task force" and this is something I can really see myself being a part of. Once they see the informative, yet calming, map I made, I'm pretty sure they'll beg me to join. The main (only) reason I want to join is because I want a police-like badge that says "H1N1 Task Force" and has a pig picture on it. I want to bust into people's homes, flash my badge, and say something like, "We received an anonymous tip that someone here was sneezing and coughing - turn over your tissues for testing and no one has to get hurt."

Side note: the image with this post is something I saw on a CNN article this morning. Can you imagine the tan lines those people are going to get? (I know, I shouldn't joke. Starting now I'm going to take the H1N1 flu more seriously. I promise.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hahaha, I love that you put that swine flu link in your blog! :) Now, what I could really use is a guide to proper panicking...I feel like I'm doing it all wrong! :)

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog if haven't yet about the swine flu!

Katherine said...

Wow. That really would be a pretty awesome task force to be on. The badge alone would be worth it!!